In the world of skateboarding, it can be difficult to find a board that has the perfect mix of characteristics durability, style and performance.
Many riders are looking for a skateboard that not only looks awesome but also withstands some tough riding sessions.
If you’re in this position, you might have been wondering if primitive skateboards are really worth your time – after all they have quite an interesting look.
In this guide I’ll explore the pros and cons of owning a primitive skateboard by assessing their construction, design and performance capabilities so that you can make an informed decision about which type of board best fits your individual needs.
Are primitive skateboards good?
Primitive skateboards are generally considered to be good boards for beginner skateboarders.
They are generally made of strong and durable materials, such as maple wood and aluminum, which provide a reliable and consistent ride.
Primitive skateboards offer excellent grip when performing tricks and turns, making it easier for beginners to stay in control.
Beginners also appreciate the fact that primitive skateboards come in many different sizes and shapes, allowing them to choose one that fits their skill level and body size.
In addition, primitive skateboards often feature vibrant colors, unique designs, and other individualized touches that make them stand out from the crowd.
For all these reasons, primitive skateboards are great options for those just starting out on their skating journey.
How are they different from other skateboards?
Primitive skateboards are generally shorter, wider and heavier than other types of skateboards. This makes them more stable and better suited for beginner riders who are still trying to find their footing.
Additionally, primitive skateboards typically feature softer wheels than standard boards, meaning they can handle a variety of surfaces without losing grip.
These boards also have a lower center of gravity, making them easier to maneuver and control.
Finally, primitive skateboards are often more affordable than other types of boards, which can be important for those on a budget.
Are they good for experienced riders?
Primitive skateboards can be useful for experienced riders as well. While they may not provide the same level of performance as more advanced boards, they still offer a reliable and consistent ride that can be beneficial.
Experienced riders may also appreciate the unique designs and vibrant colors that many primitive skateboards feature, allowing them to stand out from the crowd.
Though, a primitive skateboard can be a great choice if you’re looking for something that is reliable, affordable and offers an excellent ride.
Whether you’re just starting out or have years of experience under your belt, a primitive skateboard can help you stay on top of your game.
Pros and Cons of Choosing a Primitive Skateboard:
Primitive skateboards are a popular choice for skaters of all levels, from beginners to pros. They offer a variety of features that make them an attractive option for many. However, there are some pros and cons to consider when choosing a Primitive skateboard.
- Lightweight: Primitive skateboards are made with lightweight materials, making them easy to carry and maneuver.
- Durable: The lightweight materials used in the construction of Primitive skateboards also make them incredibly durable and able to withstand a lot of wear and tear.
- Pop: Primitive skateboards have excellent pop, giving you the ability to perform tricks with ease.
- Shape: The shape of Primitive skateboards is designed to provide maximum control and stability when riding.
- Price Point: Generally speaking, the price point for Primitive skateboards is reasonable given their level of quality.
- Structural Strength: The boards themselves have great overall structural strength which makes them more reliable than other boards on the market.
- Variety: There is a wide selection of designs available so you can choose one that best suits your style and preferences.
- Autograph Option: Some pro’s will autograph something in your order if requested at checkout or through customer service inquiries!
- Quick Processing Time: Orders typically go out within 2-3 business days from when its placed so you won’t have to wait too long for your new board!
- Complete Skateboard Option : Buying a complete is a good option for beginners or if you’re intimidated by all the options available as it comes with everything you need already assembled.
- Limited Designs : While there is still a wide selection of designs available , some may find that they don’t have enough options to choose from .
- Not Suitable For All Skill Levels : While Primitive skateboards are great for beginners , they may not be suitable for more advanced riders due to their lightweight design.
- Expensive : Depending on the model chosen , some Primitive skateboards can be quite expensive compared to other brands on the market .
How much do they cost?
Primitive skateboards can be found for a wide range of prices, depending on the materials and design.
Generally speaking, however, you should expect to pay around $50 to $200 for a decent board.
In comparison to other types of boards, primitive skateboards are usually more affordable – making them an attractive option for those on a tight budget.
Ultimately, the answer to this question depends on what type of skateboarder you are.
Primitive skateboards are great for those looking for a challenge or wanting to better their skills on tight, technical runs.
On the flip side, novice riders may find them too hard to maneuver and want something with more stability and easier turning capabilities.
Finding the right board is all about what fits your own unique style and preference. Skateboarding is something that takes practice and patience— just like anything else— so don’t be afraid to push yourself by giving primitive skateboards a try.
Hopefully this article has provided some useful insight into the pros and cons of these boards so you can make an informed decision when purchasing a new ride.