Are you interested in starting skateboarding, or have you been doing it for years?
Whatever your level of experience is at riding a skateboard, one thing is certain; you won’t be able to go wrong with Santa Cruz.
This iconic brand has been loved by riders since the 1970s and continues to produce some of the highest-quality boards on the market.
In this article, I’ll discuss why Santa Cruz is such an excellent option when choosing between all available brands and touch upon how they continuously strive to innovate within their industry.
So keep reading, because I guarantee that after taking a look into Santa Cruz Skateboards, it will be becoming your next preferred accessory.
Is Santa Cruz A Good Skateboard Brand?
Santa Cruz is one of the most respected and popular skateboard brands in the industry.
Not only do they produce some of the highest-quality boards on the market, they also offer a wide range of products, from decks to shoes and apparel, to meet any skaters’ needs.
From beginners to experts, Santa Cruz has something for everyone. They have been creating iconic designs and are recognized around the world for their quality craftsmanship and cutting-edge technology.
Their boards feature strong construction with advanced composite materials, making them more durable than other skateboard brands.
They also employ an innovative wheel design that provides better grip and smoother turns. The company is committed to creating products that will continue to push the boundaries of skateboarding and inspire riders around the world.
With a variety of shapes, sizes and graphics available from Santa Cruz, there’s something for every kind of skater out there.
Popular Skateboarders Who Rely On Santa Cruz Skateboards:
Highlighting some of the most recognizable names in skateboarding who have chosen to trust their boards with this brand:
- Tom Asta – Tom Asta is a professional skateboarder from Langhorne, Pennsylvania who has been skating since he was 14 years old. He is known for his technical skills and has won several skateboarding competitions, including the Tampa Pro and the Street League Skateboarding Championship.
- Erick Winkowski – Erick Winkowski is a professional skateboarder from Santa Cruz, California who is known for his unique style and creativity on a skateboard. He has been riding for Santa Cruz since 2016 and has become one of their top riders.
- Tom Remillard – Tom Remillard is a professional skateboarder from San Diego, California who is known for his smooth style and ability to skate any terrain. He has been riding for Santa Cruz since 2013 and is one of their most consistent and reliable riders.
- Emmanuel Guzman – Emmanuel Guzman is a professional skateboarder from Santa Cruz, California who is known for his powerful and aggressive style. He has been riding for Santa Cruz since 2005 and has become one of their most popular riders.
- Blake Johnson – Blake Johnson is a professional skateboarder from Houston, Texas who is known for his smooth style and ability to skate anything in his path. He has been riding for Santa Cruz since 2017 and has quickly become one of their top riders.
- Fabiana Delfino – Fabiana Delfino is a professional skateboarder from Jupiter, Florida who is known for her fearless attitude and creative style on a skateboard. She has been riding for Santa Cruz since 2019 and is one of their rising stars.
- Jake Wooten – Jake Wooten is a professional skateboarder from Gallatin, Tennessee who is known for his powerful and aggressive style. He has been riding for Santa Cruz since 2019 and has quickly become one of their top riders.
- Jereme Knibbs – Jereme Knibbs is a professional skateboarder from Tampa, Florida who is known for his technical skills and ability to skate anything in his path. He has been riding for Santa Cruz since 2019 and is one of their rising stars.
- Kevin Braun – Kevin Braun is a professional skateboarder from Chicago, Illinois who is known for his smooth style and ability to skate any terrain. He has been riding for Santa Cruz since 2016 and is one of their most consistent and reliable riders.
- Maurio McCoy – Maurio McCoy is a professional skateboarder from Reading, Pennsylvania who is known for his technical skills and ability to skate any obstacle in his path. He has been riding for Santa Cruz since 2018 and has quickly become one of their top riders.
Pros and Cons of Choosing a Santa Cruz Skateboard
Santa Cruz skateboards are a popular choice for skateboarders of all levels. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced rider, Santa Cruz boards offer great quality and performance. Here are some pros and cons to consider when choosing a Santa Cruz skateboard.
✅ Durable – Santa Cruz boards are made with seven-ply maple wood, making them strong and long-lasting.
✅ Easy to ride – The decks are designed to provide a comfortable riding experience, even for beginners.
✅ Good pop – The multiple layers of wood give the board good pop and responsiveness when riding.
✅ Lightweight – Compared to other boards on the market, Santa Cruz boards are lightweight and easy to carry around.
✅ Stylish designs – Santa Cruz offers a wide range of stylish designs that will look great on any board setup.
✅ Variety of sizes – You can find Santa Cruz boards in various sizes, from mini cruisers to full-size decks, so you can choose the perfect size for your needs.
✅ Quality components – All Santa Cruz complete skateboards come with quality trucks and wheels that will last for many years of skating fun.
✅ Affordable prices – Despite their high quality, Santa Cruz boards are still very affordable compared to other brands on the market today.
✅ Great customer service – If you ever have any questions or issues with your board, Santa Cruz has excellent customer service that is always willing to help out.
✅ Fun graphics – From classic designs to modern artwork, there’s something for everyone in the selection of graphics available from Santa Cruz skateboards.
⛔ Limited availability – Depending on where you live, it may be difficult to find a local store that carries Santa Cruz products in stock at all times due to limited availability in certain areas worldwide.
⛔ Razor tail – Like any other wood deck, the VX Deck from Santa Cruz can get razor tail after some time depending on how often it is used and how it is maintained.
⛔ Price – While they are still relatively affordable compared to other brands on the market today , some people may find the price tag too high for their budget.
⛔ Not suitable for advanced riders – While they are great for beginners , more advanced riders may find that they need something more challenging than what these boards offer.
How long do Santa Cruz boards last?
Santa Cruz skateboards are widely renowned for their immense quality and durability.
Depending on how often you skate and the conditions of your local skate parks, your Santa Cruz board can last anywhere from one year to numerous years while still keeping its shape, responsiveness, and overall performance levels.
Many veteran skaters report that they’ve owned their Santa Cruz boards for upwards of 5-10 years with some riders boasting even longer lifespans.
With proper maintenance and treatment, Santa Cruz boards are known to age gracefully in comparison to lesser quality rivals.
Therefore if you’re looking for legendary-level durability and longevity along with unbeatable performance, a Santa Cruz deck is the ideal choice.
As you can see, Santa Cruz skateboard brand is one of the most well-known and respected brands in the industry.
Not only do they have a wide selection of decks, wheels, trucks, hardware and apparel that meet the needs of all skaters – novice to advanced – they also maintain a deep connection to their roots by producing quality boards at an affordable price.
They are frequently seen on some of the top professional skate teams, and still remain true to the core values of fun, progressiveness and innovation.
Their continued success in the market has shown us that when it comes to choosing a good skateboard brand, Santa Cruz is certainly up there with the best. Their ride quality is second to none – so why not give them a try today?